Once you have made the decision to drop, you need to be aware of the deadlines posted on the Academic/Registration Calendar on the Registrar’s Office website for each of the following periods in which you can change your schedule.
The date you drop or withdraw may determine if you receive a grade of “W” or “WF.” Here are the three periods that determine your grade of “W” or “WF”:
- First week of a Fall or Spring semester. (See the online schedule of classes for Summer add/drop dates.)
- Can be done online or in person at the Registrar’s Office.
- Does NOT require instructor approval.
Automatic W Period: NOT ON-LINE
- You must gain written permission from the instructor on an Official Drop Slip. You then take the Drop Slip to the Registrar’s office.
- An automatic “W” is awarded during this period regardless of your grade in the class. A “W” will not affect your grade point average.
W or WF Period: NOT ON-LINE
- This is the final opportunity to drop a course.
- You must gain written permission from the instructor on an Official Drop Slip. The Instructor must indicate on the form a grade of “W” or “WF.”
- A “W” will not affect your grade point average.
- A “WF” will have the same effect as an “F” for the class.
Always confirm your drop with a printout receipt from the Registrar’s Office.